Almost exactly a year ago, Kristian and I were honored to be a part of our friends Emily and Kevin’s wedding weekend on Martha’s Vineyard. Everything from the golf tournament to the farewell brunch were personal, warm and a true reflection of the couple’s beauty from the inside – out. Here are my top 10 highlights…enjoy!
In addition to wedding activities, we took full advantage of the seaside sites, hiking trails and the beautiful New England charms the vineyard has to offer. Did I mention the amazing Clam Chowder?
2. THE WHOLE TOWN LOVES EMILY & KEVIN
True story. From the Cafe barista to the small business owners, everyone knew the couple and were so excited for them. Check out the sign the bookstore had hanging on their front porch (this is where Kevin proposed a year earlier).
3. ARE WE IN DISNEYWORLD OR EDGARTOWN?
Seriously, the town had an enormous amount of hospitality and made you feel like a special part of their family. Bonus, the vineyard is super dog friendly, which meant Sadie was welcome to join us on the ferry, at our rental cottage and in all the shops on Main Street.
4. MEANINGFUL NUPTIALS
It was evident that the bride & groom devoted time and thought to their ceremony. Their priest from Boston College, Father Joe Marchese, happily presided over the ceremony. The bride & groom were an active and present part of this religious ceremony, making it that much more personal and significant for everyone there. They even offered wine to guests during communion.
5 & 6: THE FASHION & THE FLOWERS
Their fall inspired colors were vibrant, robust and simply breathtaking. The pictures speak for themselves but here are the must know details.
- The bride was stunning in her Rivini mermaid gown, Ippolita earrings and my personal favorite her exquisite Leoffler Randall pumps.
- Her bridemaids, rocked navy silk duponi dresses by Jim Hjelm, burnt orange J Crew pumps and earrings from Kate Spade.
- The groom modeled a Burberry suit, complete with a colorful blue & orange striped tie.
- The Florist, Dandeneau Flowers, designed arrangements featuring roses, peonies, orchids, fall berries, and organic greenery.
7: THE COCKTAIL RECEPTION
Signature Champagne Cocktails & an Oyster Bar – Yum! Their fantastic Caterer… V. Jamie Hamlin & Sons.
8&9: THE SULTAN OF SWING (the band) & THE LATE NIGHT DANCE PARTY
After they cut the cake (Cakes by Liz) we rocked the night away and yes, the photographer may have snagged a shot of what we call the Pearson Dance Sandwich. A special shout to their wedding coordinator, Danielle Bailey, too.
Happy Anniversary you two!
With Celebration & Love, Rae
And you caught me #10. THE PHOTOBOOTH (need I say more?)