It’s almost time to Toast to the Oscars! Here are some ideas on unique ways to celebrate the Academy Awards this weekend.
The Official Countdown
- Friday night make it a movie marathon night! Cuddle up with your hubby, your friends or your puppy and rent all the rentable nominated films before Sunday’s award shows. Popcorn is definitely in order!
- Check out the Oscar Buzz online
- Join the conversation @Oscars2013
- Download the Oscar app
- Dig out those sparkly accessories and your long gloves!
- Get inspired on Pinterest…short on time, check out the Oscar Party board I started last week. It even includes a great Ballot template I found on chicparty.com. Speaking of Ballots……
Ballots, Polling, Quizzes & More
Photo ballots are always a winner. All you need is google images, a color printer and tape. My office had a lot of fun with the ballets I posted at work.
Movie Connection Game – Get inspiration from the New York Times diagram that highlights nominee’s hollywood connections…aka how everyone is connected through Steven Spielberg & Robert DeNiro. During the show try to connect nominees, through their performances in movies. For example – Connect Amy Adams to George Clooney? Here we go….
Amy Adams was in Doubt with Philip Seymour Hoffman
Philip Seymour Hoffman was in The Talented Mr. Ripley with Matt Damon
Matt Damon was in Ocean’s Eleven with George Clooney!
Oscar Worthy Food
If you don’t have the budget to cater your fancy Oscar affair, considering asking everyone to bring a dish that celebrates ANY of the movies nominated. The possibilities are endless. Last year the “it” food item at our Oscar gathering was chocolate mud pie inspired by The Help. Kristian and I cooked up some pigs in a blanket in honor of Money ball.
In search of inspiration from this year’s nominee’s check out numerous movie themed articles online with recipe ideas. My favorite menu was created by blogger, Natalie on her southern hostess blog entitled The Soho. She has created an impressive and truly creative Oscar Themed brunch. Check it out.
I will be honest, being from PA, I think Kristian and I will opt for Philly Cheesesteak Sliders. Our inspiration….Silver Lining’s Playbook of course!
With Oscar Love & Celebration,